Tuesday, March 31, 2015

March Style Challenge Series || Week 4

Here we are at the last week of the March Style Challenge.  This was so much fun to do. I'd love to do another one, perhaps make up my own for some time in the fall. This challenge by Modesty With a Capital M did indeed get challenging for me as the month wound down and my outfits got very, very repetitive in its final week. I'll be visiting my family over Easter and wanting to keep clothes clean for packing becomes priority over trying to find a different outfit each day.

During the last week of this challenge, even though I repeated a couple of outfits a couple of times, I realized that they actually fit pretty well into their respective daily challenge. Take a look and see if you think so too!

March 24: Pop of Color
 I went through a couple of outfit choices this day. It was cloudy and blah outside, following suit with the three previous weeks this month. I finally ended with this, light 3/4 sleeve sweater with the other side of the reversible vest that I wore last week and then I twisted one of my scarves into a necklace just for a little change from the norm.

Scarf: Gift
Sweater: Old Navy
Vest: Hand me down
Jeans: Kohls


March 25: Pinspired

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/421157002629730131/

I had been wanting to wear this outfit for a while but was saving it up for this day of the challenge. The gingham shirt is a fairly recent purchase and when I saw the outfit to the left on Pinterest I knew I had a slightly similar sweater. Now that I think of it, that sweater is pretty old. I'm surprised it's held together so long! I don't remember where I got it but it used to have a hood that I ended up cutting off at some point. I finished the look with dark wash denim since I don't own any tan pants. This outfit turned out to be perfect for early Spring! I was so comfortable in it all day, never once feeling too warm or too cold!

Button down shirt: Uniqlo (via Twice)
Sweater: ?? 
Jeans: Kohls


March 26: Favorite Skirt

The top portion of this outfit was a bit of an experiment. I've worn this skirt quite a few times since I bought it at the beginning of the month, so I wanted a slightly different look than the more formal church outfits that I's been putting together. Enter the chambray shirt. I don't wear the belt very often because it's an elasticized belt, so more for accessorizing than practical use. Over all, not something I think I'll wear again, but don't quote me on that. 

Shirt: Kohls
Belt: Old Navy
Pink tank top: Target
Gray tank top: Mardens
Skirt: Walmart
Tights:Gift
 Shoes: Payless Shoe Source


March 27: Favorite Top // March 28: Simplicity
 Remember how I said things got repetitive. Well, Does this shirt look familiar. I really did wear these shirts 3 days in a row (minus the gray tank top.) It didn't get all that dirty or smelly, I promise!! 
Why I chose it for my favorite top: Well...it is!! I mean, look! I wore it 3 days in a row! the pink tank top is seriously the softest and most comfortable tank top I have ever owned. It's nice and long too which is great because I rarely have to adjust it when I sit or stand. The chambray shirt, again soft, comfortable, and all the nice things you can think of to say about an article of clothing!
Why I chose this outfit for simplicity: Actually, I wore two different pairs of pants on these days that were both black. Basic black. I know, I know...I sort of cheated here. These are indeed my dark wash denim jeans again. Seriously though, what could be a more simple and casual look than chambray on denim?
Do I really need to do outfit details for this?...Okay, I won't be that lazy.

Necklace: Trapp Family Lodge 
Shirt: Kohls
Tank top: Target
Jeans: Kohls


March 29: Interesting Shoes
Okay, this picture was taken today. Really, I'm not actually that lazy most of the time. I had a really busy week between skiing, a birthday party, a baby shower, and meeting up with visiting family my days started out with getting dressed, doing whatever cleaning chores needed to be done (even some of those were not accomplished), and heading out the door. Anyway...excuses, excuses. Ha! These shoes are quickly becoming my go to shoes everyday now that the temperature seems to be slowly but steadily increasing. My winter slippers are ready for a break and for some deodorizer. TMI. These are the most interesting pair of shoes I own. They're Aldo shoes that I found brand new at the thrift store. I tried them on and they fit perfectly!        
Shoes: Goodwill

March 30: Mixing Patterns
And after all that talk of not being lazy, here is my pattern mixing outfit. Though, the first outfit this week could have fit the bill, this scarf alone does a lovely job mixing floral, chevron, and polka dots. I discovered that the colors in the scarf coordinated really well with my shoes, so I get points for that right? I was also thinking that this entire outfit could have easily been the simplicity outfit on the 28th. Ah well, getting ready to pack and working with relatively limited resources.

Scarf: Gift
Shirt: Goodwill
Jeans: JC Penney
Shoes: Goodwill

March 31: Bright Colors
Well, hello again shirt and scarf! I think that even though I repeated yet again, there is no denying that this outfit does have bright colors in it! There's not a whole lot to say about this outfit that hasn't already been said except for the pants. Those are corduroys that I try not to wear too much in the spring but they work well for today. Yet another cool, cloudy day.

Scarf: Gift (You knew that by now, right)
Shirt: Goodwill
Pants: Walmart





6 comments:

  1. Hi Jill I love all of your pretty outfits! The shoes are really cute too. Have a wonderful week.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Julie! I hope you have a great week as well!! :)

      Delete
  2. such pretty clothes.. Hope you and family have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! I've finally put most of my winter clothes away now and brought some spring clothes back from my parent's house after visiting over Easter! I hope your Easter was lovely too! :)

      Delete
  3. Oohh.. I loved your Pinspired outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I had a blast doing this challenge you did an awesome job putting it together!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!