Monday, March 30, 2015

Monday Cables || What I've Been Up To

I've been up to the mountains!

Sorry for skipping out on Friday. I started a post Thursday but never finished it because the past week has been pretty busy and I went skiing Friday. I planned today to share a post that I prepared yesterday, but I am still out and about and forgot to bring along the computer so I guess I'll just share a few pictures of me skiing, well, standing on the slopes.

This first picture is actually on a little pond and just looked cool with the invasive phragmites. It felt very safari like, except for the cold, the snow, and the fact that I've never been on a safari. This was actually taken a couple of months ago and has absolutely nothing to do with skiing.


Now, here is a picture of me smiling on a ski trip on March 8th. It was my second official trip. Let me just say...there were a lot of literal ski trips during this ski trip. I just picked myself up and kept going. I started the blue square (intermediate slopes) that day.


And this picture is from March 22nd, the 5th time I went skiing. My husband used to ski a lot and, after a roughly 10 year break, he found all the ski equipment we needed to start this year by the end of the season. Hence the several trips in a short time. It's been fun, but boy, it has been pretty difficult too! I think I started skiing black diamonds this day. Very, very slowly. I just go back and forth across the slope to get down instead of just barreling straight down the mountain!


---I lift up my eyes to the mountains—where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth. Psalm 121:1-2---
2My help

4 comments:

  1. This looks like fun! :) I'm glad you guys didn't sustain any real injuries. ;P
    I like your description of the "safari"! Imaginations are funny like that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is SO much fun! Paige, you almost spoke too soon about injuries...I went skiing for the last time this season and pretty much did a face plant/belly flop at the bottom of the hill when the edge of my ski caught the snow the wrong way. Everyone laughed, including me! I landed face down like a starfish. skis and poles all pointing outwards!

      Delete
  2. Hi sweet Jill! Wow, I can't believe how many posts I have missed of yours...forgive me, my friend.

    I thoroughly enjoyed seeing what you have been up. Your wedding photos are simply beautiful and your dress.... oh my, what a work of art and beauty!

    Your braided scarf is just fabulous! I am a scarf girl so I will have to remember that idea :) And seeing you skiing made me smile. My dear dad had my on ski's by the age of 5 so it's something I love to do.

    Happy Thursday, dear one! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Stephanie! I don't expect everyone to keep up with each post. I know just posting a blog is pretty time consuming, then to add work and other duties on top of that, I can totally understand. I am glad, and appreciate it very much that you do take time out of your day to read these posts though! :)

      Skiing was a lot of fun this year even though we started late in the season. I'm looking forward to next winter, but I will certainly enjoy the warmer seasons beforehand.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!