Friday, March 13, 2015

Spring Flower Bauble || Tutorial

I have a hook on my door that I plan on hanging something from seasonally. Well, Just for the month of February I hung a heart wreath from it but for the most part it should be seasonal. I didn't have anything yet for spring and I was trying to think of something sort of small I could make then inspiration struck and I came up with this Spring Bauble.It was a great excuse to use my Daisy knitter a lot too!

There are a variety of ways you can make one for yourself. You could buy some artificial flowers from the craft store instead of making them. You can also change the size or shape of the foam base for different looks. The larger the base, the more flowers you'll need. Mine is about a 2 inch diameter foam sphere and I think there are 14 flowers on it!


Let's begin!:

Spring Bauble Tutorial

Supplies:
  •  Styrofoam ball
  • Ribbon
  • Floral tape
  • Floral wire 
  • Wire cutters (not pictured)
  • Artificial flowers

Step 1: Wrap your foam base in floral tape. Be sure to stretch the tape slightly as you wrap so it sticks to the foam and to itself.

Step 2: Cut ribbon and tie the ends in a knot. Don't worry is ribbon frays slightly, this will be covered over by the flowers.

Step 3: Cut enough wire so that both ends are long enough to go entirely through the foam base and you are able to twist them a few times on the other side. This ensures that it will hang securely and the wire won't slip out.

Step 4: Push wire through foam base making sure that the ribbon is inside the U. Twist the ends at the bottom and trim.

Step 5: Attach flowers to the foam base using sections of wire cut into smaller U shapes. Flowers should be placed close enough to raise the petals of the flowers surrounding them. (You could also use straight pins for this step if you prefer.)

 Once you've finished placing the flowers, hang your new decoration and enjoy!

I would love to see if you make one of these! If you post on instagram you can tag me @ElegantHomestead or feel free to post your pictures to my facebook page www.facebook.com/eleganthomestead!

Thanks for reading! Happy Spring!





18 comments:

  1. this is a great idea and tutorial, i have my bunny/easter wreath on the door right now. i "do" the season/holiday thing....in summer i keep up red, white and blue!! it's fun to do, i always enjoy the door, prettied up a little!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie. It is fun to do! I think I need to crochet a few shamrocks to hang for Tuesday!

      Delete
  2. The finished project is very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks so much, hope you enjoy it! :)

      Delete
  4. This is darling, Jill!! I absolutely love your Spring Flower Bauble :) I am so glad you shared this with Roses of Inspiration....you have inspired me. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting again! I'm so happy that you've found some inspiration in this!! :)

      Delete
  5. How adorable! What a fun Spingtime project.
    {Found you via the Roses of Inspiration Linkup!}

    ~Miss Michelle ^_^
    www.delightfulhandwork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miss Michelle! Glad you visited and took the time to comment and subscribe! :)

      Delete
  6. Good morning, dear Jill! I wanted to let you know this post has been featured at Roses of Inspiration. Thank you so much for linking up :)

    Hugs and blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, wow!! What a great comment to wake up to!! Thanks SO much Stephanie!!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!