Wednesday, April 22, 2015

Wedding Series Week 3 || Reception



On Friday, the afternoon before the wedding my family, my future in-laws, and myself all decorated the reception hall. There was nothing really fancy. Decorations consisted of table cloths, tulle, and a few other bits and pieces in white and various shades of blue. Each table had a metal pumpkin shaped tea light candle holder and a little card with a bluebird I had painted and a Bible verse about marriage on the back. The blue bird bunting I made was draped from the ceiling.



The next day, after the ceremony the guests went to the fellowship hall downstairs for a little bit while the photographer did the portrait shots. It was just about lunchtime during the reception and there were sandwiches, salads, and pastries. I'm glad the bride and groom get to fill their plates first. It all looked delicious and I was so hungry! I had breakfast at 6:30 that morning and a few bites of a blueberry muffin just before walking down the aisle.


There wasn't any music or dancing, just chatting and eating. So nice, quiet, and laid back. Someone announced, sans microphone, when my husband and I walked into the fellowship hall and we mingled with the guests after eating our lunch. Then we cut the cake!!

The cake was just a small two layer cake and the guests got cupcakes! That makes everything so much more simple, not having to make sure that a sheet cake gets cut into the right number of pieces for the guests. I had searched Etsy for a few weeks for a cake topper but couldn't find anything I liked. Then I found this little bluebird figurine in an antique shop, though it's not antique, I knew it would be the perfect topper!
 

Since it was fall I ordered maple sugar candy favors. Heart and rose shaped maple sugar candies!! I still have a few left. They don't go bad do they? I know for sure they don't look so pretty anymore.


The reception seemed to fly by and the guests sent us off on our way with congratulations, hugs, and bubbles!

~~All photos in this post are by Tamara Panza of Genesis Artistry~~

16 comments:

  1. I love your theme for your reception, dear Jill! The colours are gorgeous and so sweet you used a blue bird for your cake topper!
    Thank you for sharing your photographs with us...I loved catching a glimpse of your wedding!
    Much love in Christ,
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for such a sweet comment, Kelly-Anne!! I'm glad you enjoyed this post! I love being able to share these photos with you!

      Delete
  2. I love the bluebird banner and the maple sugar favors! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Megan! I spent a few days doing Google searches for all kinds of wedding favors. When I found bulk maple sugar candy the search was complete!

      Delete
  3. It all looks wonderful! I love the bluebird theme and how fantastic you found the perfect matching cake topper birds!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting again, Christine and for the lovely comment!! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  4. Jill, your bluebird paintings are just beautiful! How special it must have been to have the decorations made by your own self. Also, what a blessing to find a perfectly matched cake topper. :)
    The food looks yummy! I'm glad you had a chance to eat some. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Paige!! I had a lot of fun making the decorations! It was fun trying to figure out what exactly I wanted to make and how it would be used! --and the food was delicious!!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. I'm very glad you enjoyed it!! Thank you for visiting!! :)

      Delete
  6. so i must be honest, i feel a little lost?!?! this is your wedding?? was this recently??? i don't remember ever seeing wedding pics before!!!

    but that beautiful bride looks like you, and it "seems" you are talking about yourself. when i got married, i did the entire hoopla, biggest regret of my life, it's what my mom wanted. my thoughts were similar to what you did but probably even simplier!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry, I do unintentionally write things in confusing ways in an effort to keep some privacy!

      Thank you so much for the sweet compliment, that bride is indeed me and this is my wedding. It happened last November. I posted some wedding pictures in the two previous posts in this series, but this is the first time I posted the some of the professional pictures!
      I got married about 2 months after getting engaged so I didn't have much time to plan a big wedding. I wanted a small, simple one anyway and I had been preparing for it, sewing, painting, etc. since the middle of the summer.

      Delete
  7. I love the simplicity of your wedding. :-) Beautiful. ~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Lisa! I'm glad you enjoyed reading about it in this post! Have a wonderful weekend! :)

      Delete
  8. Your reception sounded just lovely and simple as your guests fellowships one with another.
    Your bluebird theme was quite cute and original, with your favours tying in beautifully.
    You were so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Debbie, for the lovely comment! :) Have a great week!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!