Monday, May 18, 2015

Monday Cables || 20 Random Facts About Me

1. My favorite Bible passage is Psalm 121:1+2 and has been pretty much since I was age 3 and heard Reverend Mother say it at the end of The Sound of Music

2. I lose my slippers quite often which is frustrating since 99% of the time when I am in the house they are on my feet. I just step out of them to get the mail or something and then I can't find them anywhere.

3. My best friend and I recycle one birthday card. It's only happened for one consecutive year so far, but we plan on making this happen for many years to come. Although I missed her birthday this year, but she'll still get the card, just a few months late. Good friend, eh?

4. I just learned how to ski this year and I love it even though I get super anxious while getting ready to go every time.

5. I have a weakness for waltzes. Especially Richard Rodgers waltzes.

6. I watch more youtube beauty vlogs than crafting vlogs.

7. I prefer the term seamstress to sewer....I mean seriously, that says SEWER. I don't care what you call the guys in this profession. I'm just talking about my own preference right now.

8. I really like weird foods. I have eaten and enjoyed; liver, sardines, octopus, frog legs, crickets, mealworms, ants. On my list to try someday are tongue and escargot.

9. Being nauseous doesn't really bother me *knock on wood* but not being able to breathe through my nose makes me gag.

10. Whenever I get ice cream I almost always get a small chocolate soft serve in a cup. Very, very rarely will I try a new flavor.

11. I like to make lists. Shopping lists, to do lists, this list, packing lists, etc.

12. I try not to spend more than $10 on any articles of clothing, excluding jeans and shoes...I give myself a little leeway there.

13. I learned to knit before I learned to crochet. 

14. I like the look of knit, but I like the speed of crocheting better.

15. I never had my own teddy bear until I sewed one for myself in Home Ec. class in 7th grade.

16. My right foot is about half a shoe size larger than my left.

17. I can touch my nose with my tongue.

18. I am obsessed with eating Snyder's of Hanover Hot Buffalo Wing Pretzel Bits with a stick of string cheese.

19. My husband and I have taught ourselves several duets from classic musicals.

20. In my baby book my mother wrote that my favorite song was Do, Re, Mi and my favorite game to play was Maria.

Hope you all enjoyed these random facts! Do we have any similarities?

Project-wise, I'm working on this Christmas stocking. So far it's going well. I haven't finished my cross stitch yet. In fact I'm going to have to rip out some stitch and back track. I was working on one of the last parts and realized that most of the top line letters were out of line. So I'll take a break from that for now and get back to it one the stocking is finished. 
Have you ever made a mistake on a project and had to put it aside for a bit until you go back and fix it


Hebrews 6:10

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.


12 comments:

  1. Oh wow! It sounds like you have been a Sound of Music fan basically all your life then! Neat that you can touch your nose with your tongue. I can't do that, but I can wiggle my ears. You have an interesting list of foods that you've tried. I do wonder what escargot tastes like. In so many movies/shows I've seen couples go out to dinner at a fancy restaurant. One doesn't know French, so he/she asks the other to order--and ends up with escargot! (you've probably seen that scene somewhere too). I'm a list-maker/note-taker as well. In fact I keep a board above my desk with a couple calendars, a place for a to-do list if I want one, and notes. And I prefer inexpensive clothes...if I can buy a clothing item for 50 cents at my local thrift store, I'm happy!

    Enjoyed learning more about you Jill! Fun post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Bethany, I just now realized there was no reply to your comment. I am so sorry! I know 100% that I wrote one, but apparently blogger ate my comment. I can wiggle my ears too!! And I totally know the restaurant scenes you're talking about. It would be really cool if someone made a youtube montage of all those scenes!

      Delete
  2. It was such fun getting to know more about you in this post, Jill! I also learnt to knit before attempting crochet...which I am unfortunately not very good at:)
    Oh, I have had so many projects which I have had to put aside until I felt brave enough to either complete it or add a few more stitches:). It goes like that I guess!
    And I love how you prefer the term 'seamstress' - so do I!
    Have a blessed day, Jill and much love!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you can relate to setting projects aside, Kelly-Anne! It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I hope you have had a blessed day as well!

      Delete
  3. Oh wow - you've liked TSOM your whole life! :)
    You certainly have tried some interesting foods! I don't think I will be brave enough to join you in that venture, but I would gladly have some chocolate ice cream with you. ;)
    You and your best friend should continue the tradition! That would be fun. I used to have a friend with whom I would recycle a Christmas gift bag. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have loved TSOM for a very long time. I just went to see it in a movie theater a few weeks ago when they re-released it for the 50th anniversary! I am about to go enjoy some chocolate ice cream right now, so if you see this post not long after my reply, go ahead and enjoy a bowl along with me!

      Delete
  4. Very interesting reading, Jill. We have much in common as I love and read my Bible all the time, lose things constantly, hate the word sewer, too, knit and crochet, learning musical instruments, etc. I'll have to look up that game and check it out.
    Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it seems like we do have a lot in common. Glad you enjoyed this post! I've really like reading all the comments! :)

      Delete
  5. i love the idea of recycling cards. i read once that you should keep all the christmas cards you receive one year and creatively alter them just a little and then send them back the following christmas to the person who originally sent it to you!! can you follow that??? i thought that was a brilliant idea!!!

    i agree with #14, i have done both but right now i am completely addicted to knitting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like w wonderful idea with the Christmas cards, Debbie! I might have to give it a try sometime!

      Delete
  6. Hi Jill, I loved learning a litter bit more about you. I am like you on #14! I hate when I make a mistake on a project & I take a break from it too! Take care sweetie.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment, Julie! It seems like setting a project aside after making a mistake is pretty popular. I wonder if we all want to just set our projects aside for a bit before making any other mistakes. Hmmm...

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!