Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Monday Cables || Belated

I meant to post the bluebird bunting tutorial last week for the last wedding series post, but I didn't have the things I needed! I hope to get it up this week, but I'm busily working on a a wedding gift for this weekend, a late Christmas present, and an early Christmas present. And yes, I know it's Tuesday, but that plus the fact that I've mainly been working on the late Christmas gift gave me today's post title. See what I did there?

I will be approving, replying to, and posting comments soon!!! I have not forgotten about you, friends!

Here's a little peek into what I've been doing during last weeks blogging absence...there's been a photo or two on Instagram and Facebook. I try to give a quick update there if I'm not able to post a blog.

Wedding gift:
Fruit coasters from Repeat Crafter Me
The bride registered for some pretty cute, colorful pot holders which were not available in store and my husband repeatedly told me to only purchase things on the gift registry. I spotted the monogram coasters and wanted to get those. I love mine! I use them for more than drinks. When I wash the dust buster filter I'll set it on a coaster on the windowsill to dry...but again I was reminded to stick to the registry. Anyway, the next day I opened Pinterest and saw the fruit coasterd I'd repinned a while back and knew that I had the colors for the lemon and watermelon and that they'd be a pretty quick project so I went straight to work.

Late Christmas Gift:
I've posted about this cross stitch before.The one that was supposed to be a gift for my mother last Christmas but with wedding prep going on I never finished it. Before this week it had been set aside for a couple of months while I worked on the filet crochet centerpiece. Now I've picked it back up and sort of surprised myself with how quickly it's coming along. I just need to finish the letters and stitch 4 stars and I'm done. It's going to have a frame with 4 coat pegs on it when it's completely finished.

Filet Crochet Centerpiece:
Like I said above, it's done! All except for weaving in two ends and blocking it.

Early Christmas Gift:
I have a new niece! I knitted a stocking for my nephew abut 2 years ago and decided I'd knit stockings for all my nieces and nephews. I've only got one married sibling so far. Hopefully when the others get married the nieces and nephews will be spread out enough that the stocking supply can keep up with the demand!
Also, that pattern book is about 11 inches tall. That sort of gives you an idea of how big the centerpiece turned out!!


--She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands Proverbs 31:13 .--

3 comments:

  1. Your crochet skills are unreal! I don't know if you are living closer to Howell Farm now, but if so...check out their quilt show. I think it is in the fall and they had women who were tatting and tatting pieces on display and it was amazing. (The quilts were gorgeous too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Megan! I will definitely have to check that out! I haven't been looking at their calendar very regularly. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your projects are beautiful Jill! It's been quite a while since I last crocheted. I hope (think?) I can still remember how.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!