Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Sound of Music Series Week 1 || Confession

Alright, I know what you're thinking....well, maybe. If you've been following me since before I switched my blog name then you may be thinking, "Oh, great. She's going to post about her favorite movie again and there's going to be another post all about the von Trapps." Let me say right now. No.

This post is going to be a series, and a slight inspiration for me, hopefully. We'll see where this goes though. I love music. I'm not the most talented person musically (or anything really) speaking. So this month I have a confession to make, I have a YouTube channel.


I started the channel in 2009 at the suggestion of a friend that I start recording covers of songs. Now, these aren't fantastic, jaw dropping, maybe-they'll-go-viral covers. They are me, most often just my voice singing into the camera which was set next to the computer speaker. There are mistakes, there are ..... Okay. Well, long story short: I'm fairly shy and self-conscious. So, without putting myself down anymore, I'll let you listen. You don't have to feel obligated to subscribe. It's been years since I've posted a song, but hopefully that will happen by the end of this series.

 I'll be sharing one song each week and maybe, just maybe (I'm honestly not sure.) I'll post a song by week number 4.
Here's a song that I'm a little more confident about:

2 comments:

  1. Good for you, dear Jill! I will have to take a look next time I have a better internet connection!
    Singing is so enjoyable and whether we are gifted with a good voice or not, it still blesses others to hear our voices being raised in song! My sisters and I love to sing and now my one sister is starting to play on the piano - what fun!
    Hugs to you!
    Kelly-Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!