Thursday, June 25, 2015

June Series || Makeup: Face

It always seems like whenever I run out of any skin toned makeup and go to buy more the store never has the shade that I was using before so I either have to hope a shade darker or a shade lighter will still match well enough or try to find a close match in a different brand. It's so frustrating especially since it happens with both concealer and foundation! Does that happen to anyone else? I've gotten a small collection in the past several months. Since I don't really have a vast array of any of these products and there is such a variety available I won't list pros and cons, but I will still touch on that in the brief reviews.

In case you missed it!: Week One: Lips
                                       Week Two: Eyes


Powder Foundations


top left (TL)
Maybelline Fit Me! in 125 Nude Beige: I had been through a couple of pans of this and then, lo and behold, I could not find this shade anywhere...it's looks like it's too light for me now anyway. I really love the natural look of powder foundations and that it evens out my skin without covering every single blemish because who really has perfect skin? Another thing about powder foundation that I really like is that it feel so light. I tried liquid foundation once and it felt like I had a mask on (though I can't guarantee I applied it correctly.)

TR
Maybelline Fit Me! in 120 Classic Ivory: I bought this as a replacement when I couldn't find the 125 shade anywhere hoping that it would be a close enough match. It was close but too light for me. I'm hoping to maybe try it as a highlight at some point when I feel like experimenting.

BL
Maybelline Dream Wonder in 10 Porcelain Ivory: This is my current shade and it is SO close to empty. I've already gone to several stores to look for it and found NOTHING! Why does that always happen to me? I know it looks way darker than the others in the photo but that's the bottom of the plastic pan. The actual powder around the edges is very close to the other foundations. It's just slightly pinker than the others.

BR
Maybelline Dream Matte in Light 4-5: I bought this to replace my current shade and, as you can see, just a little too light again. I haven't tried it on my face yet so maybe I can still get away with wearing this shade. I think I might be purchasing online from now on instead of hoping the stores have my shade in stock.


 Bronzer


 Physicians Formula Pearls of Perfection Multicolored Bronzer: This was purchased sort of on a whim. I don't wear it often because I always feel like I apply more on one side of my face than the other. The little foam sponge in the bottom picture kind of shows the color better than my arm. I bought this because I wanted to try bronzer, but I wanted a subtle bronzer and I figured that if this were too dark I could take out the darker "pearls" and if it was too light, take out the lighter ones. It's actually, in my opinion a nice shade for me and it is pretty subtle. As soon as I'm confident in my application it may sneak it's way into semi-daily use.

Blush

Maybelline Fit Me! in Light Rose: This is currently my daily blush. My very , very subtle daily blush. It's matte, which I love on every part of my face except my eyes. I'm glad it's subtle because I always had a knack for over applying blush when playing with makeup in my early teenage years. Though, I'm starting to wnat to try something a little brighter/bolder. Suggestions very welcome!

Cover Girl TruCheeks Shade 3: I bought this hoping to mix the darker shade with a light blush for winter looks. That never happened. These blushes are very slightly shimmery so I kind of shoved them to the back of the makeup drawer for a long time. They also have a pretty strong baby powder scent. When I swatched these for this post I really started liking the center color. I totally think I might give this set another try simply because of that lovely coral color. The pigmentation in these shades is really good and they are all quite pretty!


Conccealer

 Maybelline Coverstick in Fair: This was the concealer I used when i first started wear makeup on a pretty regular basis. I liked it well enough and then I ran out and guess what? I could not find it anywhere!!! I finally did but after purchasing another concealer. After giving this a try again one day I noticed it kind of clumped up a bit and sort of creased under my lower lid...that sounds weird. This stick is actually so old now that it doesn't smell right at all anymore and I'm throwing it out after this post.



Maybelline Fit Me! in Fair: The liquid concealer match to the cover stick! While I mentioned earlier that I prefer powder foundation to liquid, when it comes to concealers I prefer liquid by far! I have interesting skin. Slightly olive toned, but I'm not really very tan. My undereye area has always been on the darker side of things. Add some immune system/allergy/sleep issues to that and you get the idea. I think the liquid just covers more evenly than the waxy stick does and stays on better once blended too.

Maybelling DreamLumi touch in Buff: This is the product I'm currently using, and it's almost used up! I purchased this one when I lost the Fit Me! concealer. I found it a couple of weeks later on the floor between my bed and the wall. I really like the brush applicator on this and the twist and click dispensing is pretty great too! I feel like I always get the right amount with about two clicks. I have never had any issues with the product drying up in the brush even if I go a week or so without using it. i definitely want to repuechase this but I think I might try to use up the other liquid concealer first.


 Foundation

---Wait...didn't she aready post about foundation? Yes, I did. But that was powder foundations. This is a stick foundation. More like a cream/solid. still nothing like a liquid. It's something totally different than powder and I've only owrn it to do costume/vintage makeup looks when I'm aiming for a more "perfect" look reminiscent of pancake makeup. So, here it is...
Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation in 120 Classic Ivory: Like I said, I've never actually used this for a daily look but I thought it was worth mentioning because it is a really nice matte foundation. it doesn't get dry like liquid foundations I've tried and it can be worn very lightly or you can build it up for more coverage. Even when I do wear this I sitll like to top it off with a powder to set it since it is more of a cream consistency and doesn't totally dry out.

Well, That it is for the June Series! I hope you all enjoyed this look at the products in my makeup drawer. I'm sure some of you caught on that I really seem like Maybelline products. I think they are a reasonable price and pretty good quality for drugstore makeup. That being said, I have never tried anything comparable to my Maybelline products in a high end brand.

If your curious about what any products look like on my face or have any recommendations of your own, please leave a comment!



2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,
    Thank you for the review on all of these makeup products! I love trying new products and these all sound nice to try out. Have a nice Friday and weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Glad you liked the reviews and I hope you find some new favorite products when you try them out! You have a lovely weekend as well! :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!