Friday, July 24, 2015

Lately...




Hello all! I took one of those unintentionally longer than I thought it would be breaks again. I was going to miss a week of posting because I went up to visit my parents. I never announce vacations and things on the blog because I just don't like to. However, the one week away turned into 2 because on the way home both my husband and I caught a bug. I don't mean the insect variety and I will spare you of all the details and let you know what I'm up to as I'm typing this now...because you do want to know, don't you?

Seeing: This computer screen and my jewelry strewn across the bed from an interrupted attempt at organizing my jewelry box.

Hearing: The air conditioner running. SO nice on a hot day!

Tasting: Peach tea. It's Celestial Seasonings brand and it's delicious!

Feeling: Kind of tired. Still in recovering, I guess.

Thinking: About painting my nails once a week for the fun of it since I just brought a few things back from home/my old house. (Nail polish, lotions, and hair products.)

Humming: A bunch of songs from this Chris Rice CD Peace Like a River: The Hymns Project. My Aunt and Uncle sang number 8 at my wedding. :)

Crafting: So many things!! I've been working on a cross stitch recently that I've been picking up and putting down way too much for 2 years! I am determined to finish it!

Needing: To mail out the Christmas stockings I knitted!!

Thinking: About Fall and the seasons changing. I know I'm getting a little ahead of things here.

Thanking: God for keeping me so well for the past couple of years.

Wondering: If I should delete the Elegant Homestead Facebook page.

Dreaming: About having my own house and yard someday not too long from now.

Loving: My family for everything they have patiently and lovingly taught me through the years...and I'm still learning from them everyday.

Sighing: With contentment in this moment.

Laughing: About how nice it was to spend Monday at home with my husband even though we were both feeling horrible.

Hoping: The weather tomorrow is just as beautiful as it is today.

Smiling: About how blessed I am.


What have you been up to lately?



3 comments:

  1. Welcome back Jill! Thanks for sharing! This is such a fun post! I'll have to try it some time

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you, Blaze Ann! I love reading these types of posts, you should definitely write one! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I'm sure you're all recovered this many days after the post, but hope that you are feeling better! I'm glad you and your hubby got to enjoy a day at home together. There are blessings in being sick.
    Ooh, I like that album from Chris Rice! It's so peaceful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!