Friday, July 10, 2015

Retro Summer Blog Party || Short Sleeved Sweater.

The Retro Summer Blog Party

 Today linking up with fashion blogger Paige at Sunday Best and All the Rest and joining in her Retro Summer Blog Party!
Today is the last day to join in so hurry on over to her site to read the guidelines if you'd like to participate!!!

I had sort of a difficult time coming up with an outfit! I tried on a dress then put it back in my closet. I shuffled through a few other outfits a couple which I had worn recently and even though I hadn't blogged about them, I didn't really feel like wearing them again so soon.


 Then I remembered my mint colored sweater. I have owned this top for a pretty long time, I think about 8 or 9 years, but I hadn't worn it for quite a while. I'm not even sure I wore it at all last year. I just love the color and style of the sweater, but it's one of those pieces where the weather has to be just right to wear it. Not too cool and not too warm.

Anyway, it sparked the idea of a 1930s/1940s inspired outfit. While the actual style of the shirt is not 100% accurate, I think when paired with my polka dot skirt it definitely evokes retro flair. I decided to do hair and makeup to add to the whole look. My shoes, which you can't really see in either picture are just brown ballet flats. Also not very conducive to an accurate 30s or 40s look, but I don't think they take anything away from this outfit.


Shirt: Kohls (?)
Skirt: Dress Barn (orig. a dress that I refashioned into a skirt.)
Shoes: PayLess Shoe Source 



15 comments:

  1. Mint and brown is one my favorite color combos and I love your hair! (Whenever I aim for forties hair I always end up with fifties, hehe. I need to work on that.)
    So cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Mary! When I do a 40s hairstyle I try to make the hair on top of my head as tall as possible without it getting messy or floppy and I tend to use quite a few bobby pins. There are 5 in my hair in these pictures with is actually very few for me since my hair cooperated today!

      Delete
  2. Elegant look Jill! :D I like the color of your sweater and have a weakness for polka dots. ;) I'm glad you participated!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Paige! I am definitely fond of polka dots too! (I even wore polka dots yesterday) I'm so glad you hosted this party. It was so much fun! I hope you do another one before long! :) Oh, I have to point out. The button you made goes so well with my blog colors! Lol!

      Delete
  3. My gosh, your outfit is so cute and your hair looks just gorgeous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh I love your outfit Jill! The color combination + polka dots are so cute. And your hair really fits the retro theme :)

    ❤ Blaze Ann
    www.p31beauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Blaze Ann I had a lot of fun doing my hair once I figured out what outfit I was wearing!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you Bethany! Glad you stopped by! :)

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ashely! I ended up liking this outfit so much myself that I wore it to church his morning! :)

      Delete
  7. This is such a pretty outfit, Jill! And your hair looks amazing; that style really suits you! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a lovely retro look Jill! I especially love the top!
    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, your outfit is simply gorgeous, dear Jill! And so are you...I just love how you did your hair...so vintage! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!