Monday, August 10, 2015

Monday Cables: On the Right Side of the Bed



Yes indeed, Your read that title correctly! This is a Monday Cables post! I haven't written one of these since June 8th!

Well, I have been crafting like crazy, only taking a couple of very unintended and unwelcome sick breaks which I've already mentioned in my two previous posts, so we're done talking about that now!

I'm hoping to do a craft fair sometime in the late fall. (I don't even have a clue when, or where yet!--I'll have to start some research!) And yes, I'm already terrified. I'm going to keep crocheting and knitting and stuff until I can't stand to do it anymore, and then I'll just keep going. That's about as detailed as the plan is so far.

Here are a few projects that have been completed over the past couple of months. Photographed from the right side of the bed.
I was given some birthday money and told to splurge it on craft items. I have fallen in love with sewing the world's most simple knit skirts so I bought some knit fabric. It sat in my room for roughly 4 months waiting to be turned into a maxi skirt. The fabric was the end of bolt so I got a couple extra feet at a discount and decided to make a maxi dress since I didn't own one yet and didn't really like the style and/or prices of ones that I saw online. The bodice was cut around a sleeveless shirt I own and and the skirt was the left over rectangle gathered at the waist. This dress will be featured in it's own post in the not too distant future!

Bows and headbands. A craft fair stock up. I have always had trouble with making several repeats of an item, but these were pretty endurable plus simple enough that I didn't need a pattern and I think that helped.

 Santa hats. The second pattern I have ever knit with double pointed needles. I started to think I liked knitting better than crocheting when I was making these and then I crocheted the next project and realized I kind of like them both equally now! This is amazing because I had learned both 14 years ago and loved crochet much more for the longest time...until now!

Okay, this isn't crocheting. It's a cross stitch that I've been plugging away at on and off for two and a half years. Now that I've finished the widest portion of flowers the rest should go relatively quickly!

This is the crochet project. A not yet assembled Yoda lovey. A gift for a baby due in December whose parents are Star Wars fans. This was another quick and fun project! Either that or I'm just getting faster with knitting and crocheting projects.


I sewed  few more rows of these vintage granny squares together. I always seem to go to a project that involves more of a "needle pulling thread" motion when I need a break from knitting and crocheting.

  The beginning of a mermaid tail baby cocoon photo prop. well, the beginning of the pattern, the end of the tail. Fins are made separately.


I have definitely been busy while I've been away from the blog. I hope you have all been having a wonderful summer too!


6 comments:

  1. Sheesh! You have been very busy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just pulled some older crafts out of a drawer today and realized I have even more completed projects now than what I originally thought I had!

      Delete
  2. Oh Jill...you certainly have been very busy of late...all your projects are wonderful! I love your new maxi dress... Knitting is such a delightful hobby - I tried crochet, but I confess I wasn't too successful! I just finished knitting myself a gorgeous green cowl - too bad winter is just about over, though...smiles...
    Sorry to hear you've been somewhat under the weather...its been too long since I last visited, so I am only catching up on your news now!
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Kelly-Anne! Crochet was something I picked up pretty easily and knitting, as you read, took about 14 years for me to really get into. Even with crochet I still have to look up stitches every now and then if I don't really understand how it's written in a pattern. I guess that's what keeps it interesting, there's always more to learn!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jill, I love all of your projects you have been working on. Have fun crafting!
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of these projects are so cute! You're very talented. I love that maxi dress!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!