Monday, October 19, 2015

I was at a Craft Fair!

Okay, that title might not sound too exciting at first if you're thinking I just went shopping at a craft fair, but that's not what I mean. What I'm trying to say is that I actually had my very own table at a craft fair for the very first time and actually sold things that I made with my very own hands!!! Now that's exciting, isn't it?
I have always loved walking around craft fairs looking at all kinds of crafts that people were selling. My parents would encourage me to get a table and sell the things I made but I either felt like I cold never make enough items, I didn't have the motivation to actually sit down and crochet that many, and I was just too nervous at putting things I made out on a table for people to judge look at.

Here I am freezing at my table last Saturday morning!
Earlier in the spring or summer, I'm sure I must've mentioned it in a past post, I knitted three stockings for my brother's family. And having been an avid crocheter for year I was surprised that after knitting the same pattern three times I got hooked (pun so intended) on knitting. That just started the ball (of yarn-see what I did there) rolling and I was so motivated to keep knitting and crocheting until I had enough thing to put on a table and sell!

So, long story short, that's what I've been doing. knitting and crocheting non-stop except for a few very busy weeks when I had to drive 300 miles to visit my grandfather before he had surgery and then had to rush 300 miles back home to another grandfather who went to the hospital and later passed away. It was a very busy month while I abandoned blogging, to say the least!

I'm back and hoping to continue this regularly! I say that every time...but I really do try!! Hello to those of you who are visiting from typing in the address on my business card that you picked up at the Fall Fest!! Thank you SO much for stopping by! Thank you to my regular readers who are reading this after patiently awaiting my return to the blogging world! 




2 comments:

  1. Hello Jill,
    Wow that looks like a lot of items you made for the sale. I hope it was a success for you. Take care.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's neat! A lot of folks tell me that I should try selling my "Crafts" but I've never had the gumption. I'm too afraid that customers would be dissatisfied. Good for you for being brave and putting out your things for others to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment! If you like what you've read so far, don't forget to follow and share this page with your friends!!